Saturday 7 July 2007

Spoke too flippin' soon of course

Just after I finished the post for last night, I spoke to Gemma and she told me that Paddy had just had a fit! Not too bad it seems but I must have spoken to soon.

He had another at 03.00 this morning and then another couple by the time Isaac and I arrived just before ten am. While Gemma was out with Isaac, Patrick had a little sleep and was then awoken by some strange facial movements and then body jerks with some vocal activity too. I am not sure if it was a seizure but it certainly wasn't normal behaviour and the nurse on duty agreed.

He was a good boy and took two bottles while I was there and as I settled him down for a sleep, he had a seizure more like the ones prior to the vigabatrin and he was screaming with each spasm! Not a good sign but it is still early days with the Vig Drug so let's keep our fingers AND toes crossed.

News as it happens.............
Martin, Gemma et al
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: