Friday 25 May 2007

The Changing Man..........

Hello to all of Paddy's fans! We had some encouraging news today so I thought I should share it with you. The Neurologist came along this afternoon and I causally asked if there was any idea of how much longer Patrick was to be in Hospital. I was quite surprised when she said that she hoped he would be out at the end of next week!

She also said that she hoped that he would be OFF the medication in time for that to be possible. As you can imagine, I asked her to repeat what she had said, she did and I then asked her to explain cos I was sure that I was getting this wrong. It seems that the current plan is to wean him off of the Vigabtrin completely by Tuesday if possible and then the same with the Phinabarbetone (spl?) by the end of the week.

As pleased as I was, I still wasn't sure that I had got it right and then the senior on call Neurologist stopped by and said pretty much the same except that she was hoping that Patrick would be able to come home sometime around Wednesday. It seem that they are not convinced that it is not a vitamin problem and he will be staying on the supplements for that but will be taken off the other two mentioned above.

I have asked Gemma to confirm all of this with them over the weekend in case I have got it wrong but I am sure I have got it right so watch this space.

Love from
Martin, Gemma, Ash, Billy, Isaac and Paddy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

Angela said...

WAY TO GO PATRICK!

BRILLIANT NEWS
LOTS OF LOVE
Auntie Angela, Siobhan and Ceire

uncle kevin said...

Hi Gem', Hi Martin,
Phew... It was nearly as hard reading as I'm sure it was to write. I am obviously disappointed for you both(all) in what appears to be the outcome of Patrick's earlier illness. It's a tough break..... but as it appears you have decided, there's not point in wailing and throwing yourselves under the nearest bus. Life must go on and there is a challenge in front that needs addressing - both practically and with love and care. [God, never been on one of these answer pages... cant speak a word of German either... but my french is great!!!] As you are both aware I have now held back from calling/texting as I could appreciate it would be a combination of pestering, unnecessary dredging up of stuff that with repeating doesnt get any better, and there are many more important people in your lives that are way, way way above me in the pecking order you need to attend to.
So now I've found this Kirdishstani web page!! I can neither distact or make either of you re-gurgitate painful stuff.
I, on the other hand was made to be a helper!!!! Jokin aside, PLEASE turn to me for ANYTHING you feel I can do or help with. I, like the world and his dog, have life's problems and issues to deal with, but will always stretch my capacity for you both and Patrick.

AML and thoughts

"Uncle" Kevin... Nadine, Michael, Andrew and Bradely